StarTech.com 2 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16950 UART (PEX2S952)
- Data transfer rates of up to 460 Kbps for peak serial device performance
- Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express offers increased speed and reduced CPU load by up to 48%
- Standard and low profile bracket included ensuring easy installation into almost any system
- Two high speed RS-232 serial ports with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps
- Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.0a
- Includes half-height/low profile mounting bracket
- Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
- Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express
The PEX2S952 PCI Express based serial card turns a PCI Express slot into 2 RS-232 (DB9) serial connections.
The adapter card is based on a native single chip design, that allows you to harness the full capability of PCI Express (PCIe) - providing optimum reliability and speed while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional (bridge chip) serial cards.
The RS232 Serial Adapter Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems, including Windows and Linux (Kernel 2.6.11 and up).
Plus, the adapter card includes an optional half-height/low profile bracket that allows the card to be installed in virtually any computer case making it that much easier to add serial ports to a PCI Express enabled computer, regardless of the size of the computer case.
Backed by a StarTech.com Lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Product Dimensions: 8.39 x 1.65 x 5.71 inches; 0.18 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.18 pounds
- ASIN: B001H3KG6W
- Item model number: PEX2S952